Body Image Dublin
Body Image Dublin or How Well Do You Love Your Body
On hot summer days, when bodies are typically more on
display, we may feel particularly vulnerable if our body is even a
fraction off of the culturally defined male or female perfect 10. Focusing on the ways our body serves us
and how we can serve it helps us to accept—yes, even love—our bodies
and stop obsessing about its appearance. Take this Thriving quiz to find
out how well you love your body. Our own opinion of ourselves
influences others’ opinions of us much more than we realize.
Body Image Dublin Quizz:
True or False
- I appreciate that my arms enable me to hold someone I love, that my thighs enable me to run.
- I wear comfortable clothes that I really like and that feel good to
my body, rather than trying to hide or camouflage my body or to follow
uncomfortable fashion trends.
- I judge myself as a whole person, not just as a body.
- I do things that let me enjoy my body—dance, take a hot bath, walk, get a massage.
- I act the way I would if I had a perfect body.
- I notice that the appearance of people I admire is unimportant to their success and accomplishments.
- I do things I enjoy and don’t let my weight or shape keep me from it.
- I tell my body at night how much I appreciate what it has allowed me to do throughout the day.
- I exercise to feel good and love my body, not to lose weight.
- I count my blessings, not my blemishes.
- I think of my body as a source of pleasure.
- I only wear clothes that give me feelings of power, beauty and comfort.
- I consider myself the expert on my body, not the fashion magazines, the cosmetics industry, the weight tables.
- I am as “in love” with my body as an infant is.
- I think of my body as a tool, as an instrument of my life, not just as an ornament.
- I act as though I am my body’s ally and advocate, not its enemy.
- I listen to my body and take its needs and wishes into consideration when making decisions.
- I refuse to waste time criticizing my body or worrying about my
appearance, and instead spend my time on something more precious or
- When someone says, “You look great today,” I enthusiastically respond, “Why, thank you so much!”
Body Image Dublin or How Well do you Master Your Lifestyle
We may find ourselves more satisfied with our bodies and ourselves if we aim for lifestyle mastery,
rather than mastery over our body, weight, or appearance. Lifestyle
mastery has to do with developing our unique gifts and potential,
expressing ourselves, developing meaningful relationships, learning how
to solve problems, establishing goals and contributing to life.
Body Image Dublin or How Massage Can make a Difference
My name is Catherine Roe, I am a Certified Massage
Therapist and I work with women and men of all ages and shapes. I want
to help you feel more relaxed, grounded, centred and confident in
yourself. Massage can help develop a positive body image, call me and book your appointment for a full body massage now and feel the difference!
The results of feeling relaxed and of developing a
positive body image often show in a healthier approach to life, improved
relationships and work performance.
Return from Body Image Dublin to Massage Dublin